Sunday, August 24, 2008

EFY

This was a great opportunity me and Ally had to be counselors at a youth program called Especially for youth (efy). We did 2 different sessions, each lasting a week. You are assigned a group of usually about 10 different kids. The first week we did it me and Ally both were assigned the 14 and 15 year olds which was so fun! Then the second week we were assigned the 16-18 year olds, Even more fun! We were put as co-counselors the second week (they had no clue what they were in for) ha ha which was a miracle itself. We had so much fun teaching and being with these kids from sun up until sun down every day! We had devotionals, dances, banquets, firesides, classes,game night, everything!! It was such a neat experience.. I wouldn't have traded it for the world.. Some of the best two weeks of my life this summer.

5 comments:

Brett and Megan said...

Yay Brooke I love your blog!!! Now we can keep in touch more often than every 8 weeks! I am jealous, all of those pictures of you and Ally look like you are having so much fun! Love ya!!

Niels and Kayla said...

Brooke!! How are ya? This is Kayla Ward from high school, im so excited i found your blog!! Lets keep in touch :) Our blog is private but email me at kayla_hendrickson@live.com and i will send you an invite to ours k see ya!

Jodie said...

Brookers!! I found you!!! I got so excited! How are you girl? Im glad your a blogger too! we need to reminisse about our days in gym class! :)

Kelly & Jamie said...

Brooklyn! oh my gosh i miss you so much! i am so glad i found your cute blog! How in the world are you these days?!

Gary and Jenessa said...

BROOKE! I found your blog from Jodie. I love it! You are so stinkin cute! I heard a rumor you are going to be the cheer coach for West Point?! I think that would be so fun! I'm kinda jealous. :) Well I'm going to put ya as a bloggin bud so we can keep in touch!